Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thing 16: Getting Organized Using Web Tools.

After checking out several online calendars and to-do lists, I chose to set one up on 30 Boxes. As with many online tools that are currently available, this was very easy to use and figure out. I was able to quickly set up my fall class schedule and important birthdays using this site. There is also a feature in which you can share and upload your calendar to other sites. Integration between social media and personal organization tools is a key component to consider when deciding which one to use. I'm not a fan of the to-do list sites as I'm still "old school" when it comes to those, preferring the old pen and paper method. There are so many sites that offer a calendar that I'll not be using 30 Boxes as a home page. I, for one,wish to keep my personal activities and schedule private so I am apprehensive about putting too much of my life and daily activities on the web. In a professional or business setting however, a calendar which could be shared and posted would be of importance, as it could easily eliminate scheduling conflicts. I also checked out some of the file sharing/conversion sites such as Zamzar and believe they can be useful when the original format or size of a file or document to be shared is an issue.

1 comment:

  1. I have used Zamzar on numerous occasions. I think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete