Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thing 14: Mind Maps & Flow Charts

As I had never used a flow chart or mind map before, I was a bit unsure of what I was getting into. What I discovered were two great tools for organizing and sharing ideas with others. Flowcharts and mind maps present an easy to understand illustration for their target audiences. I chose to use Gliffy for the flow chart and Bubbl.us for the mind map. The tools on both sites were very intuitive and were user-friendly. The mind map was geared more toward gathering ideas and brainstorming as where I found the flowchart to be great for organizing items and presenting different choices and outcomes. Using a flowchart in conjunction with an interactive power point would be effective as they share many of the same characteristics.

1 comment:

  1. I tried out gliffy too, but found it a little less than user friendly. For the mind map I looked at mindmeister.com. I was really impressed with how easy it was to use. Also they have this feature where you can click a button and the site will add an image to whatever bubble you are creating just based on what you have typed there. I thought that was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete