Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thing 4: Commentary On Blogging

Blogging and commenting on blogs can, like many other forms of social media, create a sense of community and interaction. To be able to express your own thoughts and opinions and have them either supported or challenged is a great way to learn about the healthy and robust debate of life. It can serve as a portal into the world in which you discover you are not alone in your opinions or evaluations of certain things and it also allows alternate or conflicting views on various topics and ideas to be shared. During the duration of the term, I have followed and commented on five of my classmates' blogs. The "Chosen Five" (Ha-ha) were John Collins, Kaytlyn Wright, Shanna Guentert, Kristen Cotton, and Sydney Saunders. I chose to also follow the Cool Cat Teacher blog because I found the content interesting and I follow The Art of Teaching Science blog. I disagree with some of the Darwin worship and some of the political views which are subtly revealed on the blog, but most of the Science material and ideas are rock solid and I enjoy the in-depth thought which is put into many of the posts.

1 comment:

  1. Your discussion on how commenting leaves room for debate is a great point. Seeing other people's viewpoints and both sides to an argument is, what I believe, the only way to fully form your own opinion on a subject. Blogging can be a good way to do so.

    ReplyDelete