Monday, July 23, 2012

Thing 11: Finding Good Feeds

So, I checked out some the feed-finding search tools and I've got to say I like Google Blog Search the best. I also found the search function on my Google Reader page worked well. I didn't really like Topix or Technorati, although I'm sure they have their advantages. My preference is not be spoon fed and shown a plethora of blog suggestions as I'd rather search on my own. I was able to find blogs about cooking, bass equipment, dog breeding, and pretty much any other topic I thought of.  You don't even need a specific site to look for blog feeds as pretty much any available search engine can fulfill that function. From what I have read, the number of active blogs are growing exponentially on a daily basis. For example, several new blogs popped up in one day from our class alone. Think back to the year 1999. Did you imagine, back then, the rapid advancement in technology and how the Internet would come to consume our lives?  Just think, there are people out there that have never known life without cell phones and social networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment