Monday, July 23, 2012

Thing 12: Google. It's What's For Dinner! (Not really)

The term and name "Google" has become an important part of the lexicon and it's presence keeps growing and growing. It can be used as various parts of speech from verb to noun. I had a good time playing around with Google Translator. For instance, I learned that in German, the phrase, "Who used the last of the toilet paper?" translates as, "Wer benutzt die letzte der WC-Papier?" I also made a rudimentary slide show using Picasa Web Albums, https://picasaweb.google.com/117241043249108122888/PeepsAndAPainting#slideshow/5768564520245174146. It was sort of overwhelming when considering all the possibilities that are available through Google. Students could put together an entire portfolio, calendar, etc... using Google alone. I am glad to have chosen to work in the field of education, where I will be utilizing the latest technology rather than it passing me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment